Citizens Solar develops, finances, constructs, owns and operates utility-scale projects that generate green energy, produce a positive local economic impact and create local jobs.
Conti built the system on a concrete ballasted system with five different weights of ballast blocks and sixteen different span lengths that each had to be set and leveled on gravel foundations due to the unique terrain of the landfill.
Conti installed 10,279 solar modules, 3,101 ballast block foundations, 542 strings of 19 panels divided into 72 string inverters and combined again into 14 secondary panel boards and three step up Sunbelt transformers (800KVA, 1000KVA, 1000KVA).
Since the site shares a border with both Tyngsborough and Dunstable, it required two interconnections and two active building permits with separate inspections. The Dunstable side contains 40 percent of the system and goes through a single transformer, while the remaining 60 percent is in series on the Tyngsborough side. The system is grounded with 112 ground plates and rods.
Conti self-performed construction of the gravel access road, culvert installation and electrical road crossings, with a crew dedicated to leveling and setting the ballast block foundations. This multi-step process involved strategic material placement and careful coordination to bring the blocks from a nearby staging area, place them within the field and lift, level and set each block into position.
Conti self-performed and completed the project in accordance with the unique requirements and inspections of the towns of Tyngsborough and Dunstable, which border the site.
The primary solar project developer in Rhode Island, Southern Sky, contracted CS Energy to engineer, procure, and construct a 3.8 MW solar field.
The primary solar project developer in Rhode Island, Southern Sky, contracted CS Energy to design and construct this 1MW solar project in Warwick.